.{{the Otherworldly Woods . . .

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.{{the Otherworldly Woods . . .

Post by FiSHY on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 pm

to the otherworldly woods

STORY

In a world where the magical are considered bewitched and looked down on with discrimination and fear, eight (# open to accomodate) outcasts with individual unique powers meet and embark on an adventure that will test their teamwork to find the fabled woods of others like them.

RULES

• Spam not, cuss not, be rude not, use chatspeak not, argue not, be violent not, lazy not, copy not, godmod not, powerplay not & don't mess with Fish
  • Have fun yes, patience yes, respect yes, be appropriate yes, be agreeable yes, compliment yes, make friends yes, obey the rules yes, roleplay yes, & Fishy's word is the law xD

PLOTWATCH

Where We're At
Ravenheart flew away and the group split up to find him. Caprise and Shimmer are lost and fighting a wolverine. Kala and Lyra found a tunnel and are in it, finding it dark and clammy. They witnessed a scene of Ravenheart and a stone and intend on following him.

What Happened
Ravenheart ran into Kala and Lyra from being chased by dogs at an empty house (the occupants were on vacation) which Caprise used to plant her own food. Caprise froze Kala's feet accidentally for eating her secretly planted vegetables. Lyra exposes her power by thawing Kala's feet. The dogs come back and Caprise manages to freeze them together by their muzzles. They run. At the pond a dragonfly skimmed above the water. Kala notices and points out how cool it looked. Ravenheart said he could catch it and so he ran back over the fence. Lyra tells him to stop and come back and not hurt the dragonfly because she noticed something special about it. Capri, hearing Lyra, conjures a wall of ice to block his path. Ravenheart, mad, slammed Capri in the face with his wings and blew her against a tree. The dragonfly injured his wing. Ravenheart commands Lyra to heal it. She does using a lot of her energy (she already used it to heal Kala). She falls to the ground in fatigue. The dragonfly found and gave her an energy-replenishing herb called Oblivion Weed. Lyra goes hyperactive as a side-effect. Ravenheart takes the dragonfly to show him a secret place he found when he was younger. It is a cavern filled with crystals with the entrance at the top of a mountain so you had to fly up there. Caprise notices they were gone so she ran after them. Lyra, who couldn't think straight because of hyperactivity, didn't follow. Capri stumbles into a forest and is enticed because she's always been wandering in cities and streets, but never in the woods. She finds the mountain of the cavern, makes an icy stairway, and climbs. Meanwhile with Shimmer and Ravenheart, they find hawks. Capri gets to the top and spots them too. Then she accidently missteps and falls down to the bottom. The hawks see the group as a threat and start attacking with their sharp beaks and talons. Shimmer had a terribly hard time being small and Caprise was injured from her fall so Ravenheart had to pretty much fight by himself. Their screeches alerted Kala's ears, who was taking care of Lyra while she was being hyper. Lyra calmed down though her head was still not thinking as straight. She scanned the skies and spotted a mob of birds in the distance. Worried, she and Kala make it over there. With lots of effort they defeat the hawks. Lyra uses her power again and thus is drained of energy once more. In the cavern a snake pops up. He uses his powers to test their mental strength. They all pass and get distracted by stones. Each find one special to them except for Capri. Lyra's heal her. The snake, Argos, explains they are magic stones. He says that he needs to keep Lyra's, for Shimmer to keep hers she needs to pass a test, Ravenheart's he doesn't know what it does so he can keep it, Kala's she can keep because he doesn't need light, and Caprise didn't find a stone she really liked. Shimmer passed Argos's test. He says that he has something to show Caprise, Shimmer and Ravenheart, but Lyra and Kala have to remain at the entrance of whatever he was guarding. The three selected enter to find a huge crystal with a carved poem. It shows that the Otherwordly Woods was once in great danger so somebody set out obsticles to save it. Suddenly the cavern shook and broke down. Humans were dropping bombs in war. Caprise was hit by a tranquilizer gun and fell to the ground, paralyzed. Lyra was struck by rocks exploding from the bombs. Shimmer barely made it out of the cave with the stones. Ravenheart and Kala saved them. They escape and realize Lyra's pink stone has faded. She accidentally took a different one, which slipped out of Kala's grasp and into Lady Amber's, a squirrel with speed enchantment, hands. They fight over it, and Lady Amber runs away. Wolves arrive to attack and they all barely got away, while still debating on whether to let Amber go with the or not. Either way Lady Amber was away somewhere they didn't know. Meanwhile they find a hole and debate on going inside. Shimmer went in to investigate, claiming it to be a dead end. The group decided on which way to go next. Ravenheart sighed (probably feeling annoyed) and flew away, not noticing that his stone was missing. The others panic when they realize Ravenheart was gone and searched frantically for him, splitting up with Kala lighting up the spot where they should meet. Caprise gets lost and bumps into Shimmer. Lyra finds her way back to Kala when she couldn't find anything. They see a ditch and decide to investigate, forgetting to find the others first. Caprise and Shimmer panic as they look for the rest of the group. A wolverine attacks and Caprise fails to create a barrier. Shimmer makes them blend in with their surroundings but the wolverine continues to attack. Meanwhile, Kala and Lyra go into the tunnel, finding it damp and clammy. They find Ravenheart but decide not to disturb him, ending up spying on him instead. He finds a stone and a power surges through him, making the cave temporarily glow.

CHARACTERS

1. Lyra, bird, healing -- Fishy
  2. Kala, rabbit, luminance -- Rabbit
  3. Ravenheart, cat, flying -- Rabbit
  4. Caprise/Capri, human, ice -- Fishy
  5. Shimmer, dragonfly, color-change -- Hollyflower
  6. Lady Amber, squirrel, speed -- Hollyflower

JOIN THE TALE

(max 2 per person please)
Available animals: (open to accomodations)
dog
cat - Rabbit
human - Fishy
bird - Fishy
horse
rabbit - Rabbit
dragonfly - Hollyflower
squirrel - Hollyflower

Available powers: (open to accomodations)
Strength
Healing - Lyra
Ice - Caprice
Flight (doesn't apply for bird) - Ravenheart
Color-change (not invisibility, but close) - Shimmer
Speed - Lady Amber
Stealth
Luminance (or light) - Kala

BIO FORM:
Name: name here
Species: choose from list
Power: choose from list
Appearance: be straightforward but descriptive & mention eye color, details and etc
Personality: be straightforward but descriptive
History: preferable but optional; note how the character should be an outcast
Extra: comments, questions, requests and such
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Extra:[/b]

Last edited by FiSHY on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 16 times in total
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: Wren
Race: Bird Bird

http://intothemist2.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: .{{the Otherworldly Woods . . .

Post by FiSHY on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Name: Lyra
Species: bird
Power: healing
Appearance: a small bird like a finch but not a finch, a hybrid between many breeds the magical being she is. Her feathers are mostly a sandy tan, speckled with chocolate brown and white dots and tipped with a light teal blue, bordered by a dark brown. She has a long crest on her head and crystal blue eyes. Her tail is majestically long and her legs and talons are black. A faint, pale turquiose glow arises from around her body naturally because she is enchanted. She looks delicate (for she is weak) but swift in flight.
Personality: Lyra has a gentle nature, loving peace and hateful of violence. Being physically weak, it is usually better for her to run away from the battlefield than to stay and to help her friends by nursing them to health rather than to fight. Verbally she isn't strong either. Lyra needs to work up a lot of spite and courage to hurt somebody with words. Magically she is very powerful, however, and she uses her healing powers often. There are few wounds and illnesses she cannot heal. She is calm and precise when doing work and may even seem wise from a distance. This is not the case, however, for when it comes to anything other than flying around, recovering someone, or gathering objects, she is accident-prone and not very sharp.
History: Lyra fell out of her nest while still in her egg and carried off by a raptor. When the predator found her egg too hard to kill and the faint glow too ominous, she was abandoned and grew up feeding herself. She learned her powers early and was taught many things about survival by a nearby barn owl, who didn't mind her being magical (unlike everyone else) and looked over her kindly when she was in trouble. In return she healed the owl when he was injured. It was through he how she became the gentle creature she is. Later the woods were cut down and the owl flew away as Lyra fled in the opposite direction. She's been wandering through many places then, and still often does now.
Extra: none.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Name: Kala
Species: Rabbit
Power: Light
Appearance: A small gray female rabbit with white ears and white paws. Also a weird white star next to her right eye. Thick fur and rabbit colored eyes with a shine of blue on her eyes. Unknown kind of rabbit....but most likely a hybrid between an immortal and mortal.
Personality: Kind, caring, sweet, affectionate, compassionate, and gentle at many times, but when people get on her nerves way too much, that can all change. She gets overprotective of her friends at times, like when her mother was killed by an attack. She had to take care of her younger brother and sister who are now unknown somewhere. Now she can take care of herself alone and is rough in battle, in memory of the battle that killed her mother.
History: Dead mother. Unknown place for her brother and sister.
Extra: None.

Name: Ravenheart
Species: Cat
Power: Flying
Appearance: Dark gray tom with light gray paws. White mark between his eyes and white stripes. Sharp green eyes with a torn ear. Big and muscular body type. Long and thick fur.
Personality: Loyal, brave, courageous, and strong. Fights very strong in battle and loyally, but can get carried away. He got his torn ear when he didn't have enough energy to fight a wolf, but still fought well and got rid of it. He was in a warrior clan once, hence a warrior name, but he left due to destruction of the clan.
History: In a warrior clan before
Extra: None

Sorry if this isn't specific enough. I can add more after your comment.

Last edited by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Race: Rabbit Rabbit

http://soaren.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

@Fishy Is it possible to have two people and the same animal? I mean, I really wanted the cat...

Name: Juniper
Species: Cat
Power: Steath
Appearance: Small white she-cat with light redish paws and tipped tail. A cross between amber and hazel eyes.
Personality: Friendly, sweet and innocent but most other creatures judge her size and personality for how really dangerous she is. Also has a dangerous side, anger and hate can burst out at enemies and creatures that try to harm.
History: Juniper has no recollection of what happened in her past.
Extra: None.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: No Name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am

Hollyflower, I'm guessing no. She said the bird was taken by her and I took the rabbit and cat...you can do another one though.
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 am

Darn all the good ones are taken...
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: No Name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 am

"(open to accomodations)"

If you really, really want a cat you can still take it. I just prefer you take something else. Also if none of the animals there interest you, you can be something like...a fox or a wolf or something as an example. Be a meerkat for all I care. xD
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

Fishy, she's definitely taking the cat. DON'T LET HER!!!!!!!! She's never any of the other animals, only cats and birds xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 am

Sure then...

How about a monkey? Pig? Mouse? Tiger? Sheep? An ant?!

xD

Choose. :3
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 am

Are you talking to me or her?
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 am

Her, sorry. xD
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

Oh, and Rabbit? Sorry, but can you choose a different power for one of your characters? :3
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 am

Whyz?
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 am

I'd like to have the charries have individual unique powers.

Sorry if I'm being a nuisance to everybody. >.<
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

I changed it. xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:38 am

Oh thank you :3 Your bios are accepted!
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am

Don't you cross out the rabbit and cat on the species list?
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 am

Sorry. xD I edited it. :3
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Start Roleplay!

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 am

Lyra flapped her wings frantically as the dog behind her chased her like crazy. From sky-high heights he wouldn't get her, but those seeds... She was scrawny, and her stomach was begging for food. Quickly the little bird flew into the open air, the neighborhood houses and backyards a panorama around her, and dived down, fast. She aligned herself in a streamlined form, head down, wings tucked. Too fast for that drooling animal. As fast as she could, she zipped into the garden, snatched a couple seeds, and flew away, the dog still barking at her from behind.

She landed on a tree branch, today's breakfeast for her picking.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 am

@Fishy OOC: How can I be involved? xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

@Rabbit: However you want :3 Under PLOTWATCH, it says that you can be anywhere... But mainly, you just have to meet Lyra somehow.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:20 am

@Fishy OOC: Hm...in the wild! xD
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 am

@Rabbit: xD Okay, but you'll have to make your post first. Be hunting or something, or nibble grass. Lyra has bird-eye sight. She'll find ya. ;3
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 am

@Fishy Kala was nibbling on some plants in a garden when she heard dogs and a bird. Then she looked up and glanced around. "Nothing. Meh," She murmured. Then she went back to eating.
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by FiSHY on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Lyra looked at her seeds. Sunflower, some vegetables, but mostly sunflower seeds. Without hesitation, she began cracking away at them and eating. So crunchy... So good. It has been a while since she has gotten a proper meal. She didn't leave a single bite. Soon, the bird took off again, looking down for some more food to munch.

"Nothing. Meh."

Lyra flapped her feathers in alert of the sound. She shook her head in dismissal. You're hearing things, she thought to herself.

It wasn't before long when she found a nice vegetable garden beside a bird feeder. Thank goodness for those things, tube-fulls of bird-friendly treats. But what really caught her attention was the rabbit nibbling away at garden vegetables. She landed on a perch on the bird feeder, glanced at the rabbit and cocked her head. 'Nothing. Meh.' The words replayed in her head. Surely this rabbit didn't speak them? Birds weren't supposed to know rabbit-talk. But then, she was magical. So why did she not understand the dog? Maybe this rabbit was magical too.

Engulfed by curiousity, Lyra flapped down into the soft, fertalized soil. "Hello," she chirped amiably, "I'm sorry, but I'm sure I heard you speak just a while ago. I don't know if you can understand me because I'm a bird and you're not, but perhaps you can and if you can, will you answer me?" She paused for a breath. The little bird hasn't socialized with another in months since Owl.
FiSHY
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down