The Attributes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Attributes

Post by Avria on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

THE ATTRIBUTES

Here on Earth, there are personality attributes that everyone has some of. The positive ones number many, but so do the negatives. To list a few, there are wisdom, innocence, ingenuity, but also vanity, haughtiness, and maliciousness. These are not nouns, but adjectives, existing in the language and the mind of every person and certain animals on Earth. What happens when these attributes are suddenly given a body by a higher force? When suddenly, the human race is thrown into jeopardy when these attributes exist as people? They no longer exist as words, and they're no longer in the minds of the people. When the positives must face off against the negatives in a race to inhabit the minds of people and do some good to the world.

Spoiler:
Rules (for roleplaying in general):

~ No powerplaying.
~ Use the forms you are given.
~ Use OOC and BIC to speak in and out of character.
~ Try not to have too many characters. This is because it gets a little difficult to control all of them at once.
~ Don't be biased with your characters. (Ex: Having all your characters side in an argument with another person's character)
~ No controlling other people's characters
~ No killing other's characters without their permission. Or maiming them. You can wound them, but no basically creating "irreversable wounds." (Without the person's permission, of course)
~ This is a literate roleplay. Use correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling whenever possible.
~ It is recommended that each post be at least 20 words long.
~ Common characters are CCs. Everyone can control CCs. CCs that start out in the beginning of the roleplay can be your characters later. Just fill out the skelly for them.
~ Use "@" to signal another person that you are talking to him/her.
~ You may create more CCs. You don't have to fill out the form, just tell me. However, you cannot choose a name for the CCs you create.
~ No "perfect" characters that do everything right the first time.
~ Not a requirement, but please try to the keep number of males and females in the rp the same.
~ Have fun! c:

Spoiler:
Rules (for this specific roleplay):

~ Don't make characters appear out of the blue. You can still make them, say, in the middle of the roleplay, but you can't have them automatically join up with the positives/negatives's adventures'. They have to get to know each other first, ect.
~ Since these are attributes, they don't really love one another. They can be really close to one another, though.
~ The humans are "frozen" in the roleplay. They shouldn't really have a big part.
~ Negative attributes cannot be on the "good" side. Positives can be on the "bad," depending on which attribute they are.
~ There cannot be "mood" characters. Things like anger, excitement, ect.
~ There cannot be neutral attributes, things like intelligence, pride, ect. It should be clear which side your attribute is on.
~ In the form, you see that the name is optional because the name can also just be the attribute.

Form:

Name (optional, last name not needed):
Attribute Represented:
Appearance:
Personality (describe more than "compassionate" if the attribute is compassion):
Weakness (as in ,what are they bad at):
Other (optional):

Positive Attributes (so far):

Integrity (Autumn, female) - MidnightRaven
Compassion (Abel, male) - MidnightRaven
Altruism (Drysa Honeycutt, female) - Rabbit

Negative Attributes (so far):

Maliciousness (Jake, male) - MidnightRaven
Haughtiness (Anne, female) - MidnightRaven
Vainglory (Frey Castell, male) - Rabbit

A Better Overview:

When the negative and positive attributes are thrown into the world, the human race (as well as some higher forms of animal races) are literally frozen. Only some primitive life forms exist, and some new, dangerous ones that are exploring the territory now that the human race is frozen. The dangerous ones are also an obstacle, to the positives and negatives alike, as they do not have many attributes about them (otherwise they'd be frozen.) The shared goal for the positives is to inhabit the minds of humans again, to have them do good in the world before the negative attributes inhabit them and destroy Earth. The negatives have the same goal. Since the attributes have human forms, they must eat, drink, breathe, ect. Otherwise, they'd die and maybe never come back. This is especially important for certain attributes, because without them the human race might not survive. They're given clues about how to survive and inhabit the human minds again by the higher force that summoned them in the first place.

Recap (summary of what's happened so far):

None, so far!

Last edited by MidnightRaven on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: No Name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Re: The Attributes

Post by Rabbit on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 pm

@MidnightRaven I'm probably going to just screw everything up on this form, but here I go~
Also, you probably shouldn't take my appearance answers seriously; I'm planning to actually draw them later. (Maybe you shouldn't take anything seriously...it's 11 PM and I'm literally brain-dead...)

Name: Drysa Honeycutt
Attribute Represented: Altruism (this is considered good, right? xD)
Appearance: She is a petite girl with bright green eyes. She has straight grayish-platinum blonde hair that she always wears in a loose braid. She is underweight because of her own self-sacrifice. She doesn't care what she wears, but she always somehow finds a way to make it look good on her!
Personality: A very practical, calm, and caring young girl, who likes to help her community whenever she can, but without much interest of what she's doing or who she's helping. She is an innocent person, however she isn't too outgoing. She believes that concerning herself with strangers' well-being is more important than her own well-being. When she isn't out volunteering, working, or donating (which is rare), she enjoys gardening and taking care of a stray cat in her neighborhood because she believes altruism is never unneeded, because when all the humans are taken care of, plants and animals will need care.
Weakness: Her apathy & self-denial? (uhm what exactly do you mean by a weakness? I'm just guessing here...)
Other (optional): She's English. Happy Her name Drysa comes from "drys," which means "oak," and is also the etymology for Dryads, Greek tree nymphs that are typically reserved in nature. I decided to make her surname Honeycutt because of honey being sweet. At first, I wanted to make her first name Dulcinea, which comes from dulce = sweet.

Name: Frey Castell
Attribute Represented: Vainglory (bad? xD)
Appearance: He is a relatively tall, handsome young man, who only wears the best of the best, expensive, "trendy" clothes. He has extremely light brown hair, so much so that it almost looks white. It really brings out his dark eyes. He also makes sure he's always in shape.
Personality: A conceited, prideful young man who spends long hours admiring his sexy face in the mirror. He is wealthy and a spoiled only-child, which only makes it worse. His dream is to live in an ostentatious European castle with the most beautiful women in the world as his maids, and every form of media/press only air/print articles about his appearance and achievements so he can hear about himself all the time. Although he has made achievements and won awards, he is actually quite remiss and relies on others. Sometimes, he gets angry over why people, especially other privileged people, do not pay attention to him as much as he expects.
Weakness: His short temper & laziness? Shiny objects? (again I don't really know)
Other (optional): He's Norwegian-German. His name Frey comes from the name of a Germanic deity, whose name means "Lord." Also, there's a character named Frey in this really awesome webcomic and I just like the name. His surname Castell is the name of a German noble family.

"ICEBERG LETTUCES AREN'T COLD, THEY'RE GREEN"
Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: Kala
Race: Rabbit Rabbit

http://soaren.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 pm

ooc; You did mine, just a couple mistakes. c: These characters aren't humans, and this is the first time they've have a tangible form. (In attribute form, they could still work with and communicate with one another, though.) So they can't really have a history. But other than that, your characters are accepted! Some of their physical features (strength, health) are determined by what they represent and how much of that attribute is in their world in the people's thoughts in actions. (and yes, you did do the weaknesses correctly)

Name (optional, last name not needed): Cynthia (changed it)
Attribute Represented: Integrity
Appearance: Cynthia has long brown hair with hazel eyes, pale skin. She's relatively pretty, and is of average height for her age. Currently, she is wearing a light pink blouse with a white jacket, white tights, silver dress shoes, and a clip shaped like a moon in her hair.
Personality Cynthia has a strong sense of what's right and wrong, and the moral principles of herself as well as others. She's very mild-mannered and tolerant. However, she's very quiet and doesn't reveal her thoughts often, as she's a little timid but will whenever she feels like she's keeping something from her companions. Cynthia is very honest and trustworthy as well.
Weakness: She's a terrible liar and she can usually tell what she's thinking.
Other (optional): n/a

Name: Abel
Attribute Represented: Compassion
Appearance: Abel has dark bronze hair with green eyes. He's a little scrawny and in relatively poor health and has (or will have) a persisting cough. Currently, he's wearing a light gray sweater with black sweatpants.
Personality: Abel is very sympathetic and always willing to help someone out, whether an enemy or a friend, especially if he sees they're in danger or in need. He very rarely raises his voice and has a seemingly infinite patience. Abel can be determined at times and is always willing to listen to another's grievances.
Weakness: He often puts himself at risk when helping others out and rather impulsive, not wanting to listen to reason if he sees someone suffering.
Other (optional): n/a
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Cynthia blinked, opening her eyes to the bright afternoon and immediately started squinting. How odd, I feel... all wrong..., she thought. What had she been doing? Oh, yes, talking with ingenuity, complaining about how people mixed their words up all the time. And now... here she was, sitting on... something called grass. Rubbing her eyes some more as they adjusted, she was now aware of something that she had called... hands. And feet! Now looking around her, she saw there were more... people. Or were they other attributes? She didn't know. But they were groaning in pain, and, now that she was aware of the pain they were in, she felt a slight headache coming on.

Oh...something's wrong, Abel thought, grimacing as he came to. He felt all wrong, with.. with... a body! He sat up quickly, ignoring the pain along his ribcage. Staring around wildly, he saw other people around him, and a girl looking at him oddly. The other people were... unconscious? "Oh, no" he said, panicked. "What horrible thing happened here?" Nudging a tall young man awake (Frey), he asked urgently, Are you okay?
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

OOC: wOW I haven't roleplayed in so long. I feel so overwhelmed... I don't even know if Frey seems vain/narcissistic at all OTL

BIC: Frey instantly awoke at the touch of the stranger's hand. He somnolently sat up and glanced around. His body felt strangely sore, and he wondered why there were so many other people around, but he was not as flustered about his current situation as some of the others. Next, for the stranger; he faced Abel and calmly asserted, "Do you think you have the right to speak to me, lowly pond scum?" He smiled cruelly. "And though I'm glad you are concerned with somebody as accomplished and handsome as I, I could care less about your personal feelings or motives. Nonetheless...I am fine."

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:02 pm

ooc; Neither have I... xD

bic: Abel stared back at Frey steadily. "I was only trying to help, he murmured. "There's no need to be rude." Looking around once more, he saw that the others were now rousing themselves awake, too. Still thinking of the rude teenager, though, he found a word that popped into his head at the thought of him. Vainglory. He shook it away, not wanting to be too judgmental, especially since he had met him. But... what the word referenced the vainglory attribute? He had to ask, but he would ask someone else. He felt that the possible vainglory would not welcome him if he talked to him once more.

Observing the boy communicating with the teenager nearby, she made a slight disapproving noise. He was only trying to help, she supposed. Yet she did not interfere, for it seemed like he was handling it well. But she felt like she needed to talk to him, to find out if he was an attribute like she was or not, and he was the only other currently conscious and fully awake person who would probably give her a straight answer not riddled by insults.
"Excuse me," she asked politely. "And I apologize if this sounds crazy, but are you... an attribute?"
The boy widened his eyes, and quickly responded, "Uhm, yes. Sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone to ask me..."
Cynthia smiled a little at the boy's honesty and good-naturedness. "You don't have anything to apologize for. After all, it is a weird question. But, enough of that. My name's Cynthia, and I am the attribute of integrity. And you?" She hoped that he was not a negative attribute, although she doubted that he was. He seemed too nice for that.
"My name's Abel, and I am the attribute of compassion," he replied. 'And, um, I'm not completely sure, but since we're both attributes, we can assume that everyone else here is too. He --" Abel motioned to the teenager might be vainglory."

Jake hadn't exactly been unconscious. Rather, he was pretending to, so he wouldn't have to dragged into their conversations. He curled has lip has he heard Integrity and Compassion talk. Isn't there anyone here who's... familiar to him? Then, he heard compassion say something about vainglory, too, and smiled. There was, at least, a couple of familiar faces here.

ooc; THE BELOW IS NOT DONE

Name: Jake
Attribute Represented: Maliciousness
Appearance: Jake has black hair and brown eyes.
Personality:
Weakness:
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:16 pm

OOC: OH, SO THESE ATTRIBUTES WERE ACQUAINTED WITH EACH OTHER BEFORE?

BIC: Frey was furiously silent for a moment at Abel's stable and benevolent demeanor, but then he reproachfully snapped, "Why are you referring to me as just 'he?' Do you not know who I am?! My name is Frey Castell, and yes, I am the wonderful, wonderful attribute of vainglory!" He scoffed. "Why aren't you all basking in my glory?" He then glanced at Cynthia, assuming she was also a positive attribute, probably only hoping to help others. Disgusting. He scanned the crowd, looking for anyone familiar. He subconsciously sensed some malice nearby, and narrowed his eyes.

Drysa recovered her consciousness without difficulty, as if she were a human, waking up in the morning from a pleasant slumber. She yawned and smiled at the sight of company. She was concerned for the others' well-being, yet she was not interested in who anyone really was. They're probably attributes like me, she simply presumed. But I still wonder, why are we all here? She didn't stall before going back to lying supine down on the soft, verdant grass, where she could relax and not be bothering anybody.

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:32 am

ooc; Yes, sometimes they worked together, and knew of each other.

bic: "Because I don't know your name, and well, frankly, I was under the impression you didn't want to speak to me," Abel said mildly. "And, I believe glory should be earned. You have not shown me anything worthy of this glory you ask for. Yet. And, also, I ask that you don't speak to us in this manner, please. It --" Abel was cut off by a hacking cough, and splatters of blood coming out of his mouth.

Cynthia watched in mild satisfaction as she saw Abel trying to put vainglory -- no, Frey, in his place. But then she saw his shoulders shaking, and blood coming out with his coughing, her amusement quickly changed to one of horror. "Oh, no," she started quivering with panic. "C-can anyone h-help?" she looked up desperately. She, integrity, hadn't been in the actions of anyone who had been tending something like this recently, and she struggled to remember. Most of the remedies had been something along the lines of "let's take you to the hospital, get some antibiotics," or something like that. But there wasn't a hospital in sight, much less a tube of antibiotics lying around randomly. Trying to delve deeper into her memories, look at how they treated a person before antibiotics, she saw that they kept that person hydrated, made him/her rest... there was a pond nearby, but what if the unpurified water made Abel even more sick? No, he had to re- her thoughts were cut off by Abel speaking again.
"No," he said, a little weakly. "It's fine. Really. It's stopped now."

Jake had had enough of lying around, and got up to observe in amusement as he saw compassion coughing up blood, and the frantic actions of integrity.
"Ha," he chuckled quietly. Served him right for telling off a negative attribute, he thought smugly.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 pm

OOC: whooooa i feel like i just discovered the meaning of the universe
Sorry if this post sucks, I was just kinda adding useless details to make it longer. I still haven't completely gotten into this, haha.

BIC: Frey contently smirked at Abel's suffering, although he desired for more of it. After all, it was a very satisfying ... no, an sating sight, especially since the boy had previously infuriated him. "Well, I suppose I'll see you pathetic underlings later," he said boldly. His Stygian gaze drifted towards Abel. "You say I'm not worthy of this glory?" He stood up and mercilessly kicked him (in the face?). "You must not realize who I am. I am vainglory and I will always be greater than you. Everything I do is a great accomplishment. I won't force you to bow before me ... but I wish that you experience much more, intense suffering in the near future." Now, he himself felt sick after being around those positive attributes. He complacently strode over to a boy with black hair (Jake), hoping that he was a negative attribute, based on his appearance.

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:04 pm

ooc; It's not bad at all! ^^

bic: Cynthia gasped in rage. How could anyone be so heartless? she wondered. She glanced over to where Abel was clutching his side, wincing a little in pain. "Are you okay?" she asked urgently. As the question left her lips, she knew it was stupid. Of course, he would say he was okay.
"Yes, it just stings a little bit." he unsuccessfully tried to compose his face. "It didn't break the skin," Abel assured her. "And, besides... it's not his fault. Well, I mean, I guess he could have found a better way to communicate his feelings, but it's not his fault that he was born being vainglory..."
Cynthia shot him a skeptical look. Despite Abel trying to justify Frey's actions, she still was extremely angry with Frey. She decided she would force him to apologize.

Abel felt like his side had exploded a little when Frey kicked him. He bit down on his lip to prevent from crying out loud. He saw Cynthia staring at him with concern, and he responded to her questions without trying to reveal how much pain he was in. He swallowed, tasting the metallic taste of blood from his coughing. He felt a little bitter at himself, that he had not convinced Frey to change his ways.

Watching Frey come over, Jake felt a smug satisfaction that compassion had now paid twice for trying to correct a negative attribute. "Nice kick," he complimented Frey. "You should do that again sometimes."
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:38 am

OOC: oh but it is

BIC: Although in his own self-congratulation, Frey smiled at Jake's compliment. Yes, it was a nice kick, wasn't it? He regretted not having knocked the boy unconscious, so he would receive even more deserved praise. "Thank you, although I really shouldn't," he said in disgust, staring down at the ground. "My shoe must be tainted with compassion's awful germs." He looked up and asked coolly, "What's your name? I suppose you're a negative attribute -- thank God. I don't think the esteemed eyes of Frey Castell can continue falling upon those ignoble Panglosses..." He cast a cold, distant gaze back at Abel and Cynthia, who still seemed to be fretting about what had just happened.

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:54 pm

"The name's Jake, and I'm the attribute of maliciousness," Jake replied casually. He had began to contemplate all the possibilities of now having a physical form. Before, he had been limited to just whispering thoughts in the corner of organisms' minds, but now, he was free to spread chaos and misery as he so desired.
"I overheard you talking about your attribute. Vainglory, right? Nice. You would be resentful to get the germs of compassion on your shoes. But, you know," he added with a devious smile, "We could stop compassion from spreading his germs ever again. Are you in?"

Cynthia had doubts about her plan the moment she started to formulate how she would get our apology out of them, but she quickly shook them away. This was the right thing to do. They should all know we're all equal, Cynthia thought firmly. But she also needed someone to watch over Abel, in case he got sick again. "Excuse me!" she called to a small girl with a platinum-blonde braid, hoping she was a positive attribute (Drysa). "Could you please watch over my friend here?"
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:18 pm

"Yes, I would be vainglory. What are you implying?" Frey questioned with a friendly smile. "I'm not typically one to work with others, but when it comes to negative attributes versus positive attributes, I can adapt. As maliciousness, I suspect you would want to physically harm that boy, right?" In the back of his mind though, he felt a bit worried at the thought of allying with an attribute such as maliciousness. He wondered if the pleasure of compassion's pain would outweigh the danger of this new guy's natural ill will -- and if it didn't, would it matter?

Drysa languidly turned around and faced Cynthia. Who is this girl? I doubt she really cares about her friend's wellbeing, she thought to herself, feeling slightly affronted. However, out loud she joyfully answered, "Of course, of course." She turned to Abel and her green eyes suddenly widened. Is that...blood? I'm not used to caring with people that need immediate attention for physical injuries! "Oh, my goodness. What happened to him?"

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Jake returned the smile again, with a touch of malice in it. "Lower your voice," he whispered. "But, yes, somewhere along that line. Although, I wasn't thinking that we would hurt him, at least not directly. There should be plenty of wildlife around to do the job for us...we just need to guide it in the right direction." He felt a surge of satisfaction rising up in him. The doors of opportunity were opening up quickly all around him. His first act as the physical form of maliciousness (or malice) -- to rid to the world of compassion. How fitting!

Abel piped up, feeling a small twinge of frustration now, "I don't need help, or watching over!" He then took a deep breath and started again. "What I'm saying is, I'm not weak," he lied, even though his side was still throbbing and he was trembling on the inside, afraid that a fit of coughing would come again. He hated blood. "I appreciate your intentions, but I really don't need anyone's care right now." Abel sighed. "Just... take care of yourselves, okay? And anyone who really needs it."

Cynthia has those doubts about her plan again. What if Abel snapped at her for getting them to apologize? She still felt that it was the right thing to do, to ask them to apologize, but she also suspected that Abel wouldn't feel the same way. Once again she cast them away, and turned to Drysa. "Are you a positive attribute? Sorry for asking, but I have to make sure," she said, slightly apologetically.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Frey's eyes darkened at the thought of Jake leading this task, although he certainly didn't want to physically do anything himself. The previously mentioned germs had been enough to make his own self-pride falter a bit. But what if the task they were now planning turned out badly? After all, right now, he was making a deal with the well-known untrustworthy maliciousness. He surmised that any wrong move could completely destroy his reputation. Oddly distrait, he answered softly, "And how do you suppose we would do that?" He looked directly at Jake. "I don't know; what if the wildlife decided to be recalcitrant? They probably want compassion to remain in their lives."

Drysa looked up calmly and smiled. "Yes, I am a positive attribute." She paused, feeling ambivalent about revealing her actual attribute. But still, she added, "I am altruism." Her gaze focused on Abel and she said kindly but still with a hint of flintiness, "Nobody called you weak. Although, I did see how that other boy kicked you ... an impact like that could have led to bone fractures. I believe you do need care, whether it be from me or somebody else. Okay?"

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Growing slightly impatient, Jake answered Frey, but forgetting to speak in soft tones, "They won't know he's compassion, will they? And, besides...there ought to be at least a couple creatures in the woods that would be more cooperative to killing compassion. Or we could agitate the wildlife and set them loose on the clearing...

Cynthia thought for a moment. Altruism would definitely protect him. Disregarding the conversation now between Drysa and Abel, she gathered up her nerves and started walking in what she hoped was a confident stride towards Jake and Frey.
Before she got there, however, she started to hear snatches of their conversation. "...killing compassion." one of the boys was saying. Cynthia stifled a gasp, turned around, and headed back towards where her other companions were. She had to warn altruism and Abel!

"I don't have any bone fractures," Abel answered, slightly mutinously. "It's just a bruise, okay? Besides..." he cast his gaze over the clearing. "Some other people still haven't gotten up yet, and I think they need your help more."
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Frey frowned, but still replied calmly, "I suppose you're right. How will you -- we encourage the wildlife then?" He deliberately ignored the vague frowardness in his tone of voice when he added, still as phlegmatic as before, "And if you didn't notice, your previous reply was surprisingly ... may I call it stentorian? What if someone heard you?" He suddenly feared that Jake would suddenly attack him, because he sensed some frustration or impatience earlier, and malice would certainly add to those bad feelings.  

"I don't believe that matters," said Drysa with a gentle smile. "Your friend specifically requested that I take care of you, and that's what I will do. If I wouldn't undertake this task, who would?" She quickly added, "I will help the others when I'm done with you, okay? You need immediate care! I can tell." She heard the sound of somebody's footsteps racing through the lush grass and looked around, catching sight of a worried-looking Cynthia.

Rabbit
Admin
Admin

Soaren Alter Ego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content