avria and espeon 1x1

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: avria and espeon 1x1

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:46 am

Willow wrinkled her nose as she stepped over the threshold. As she thought, everyone here was so... familiar. The thought filled her with mild annoyance, and to her surprise -- wistfulness? That irked her even more. You've always been fine alone, she chided herself. Besides, it's not like I'm here alone. Tam's here too.

"Wow, bubble tea," Tam remarked. "I haven't had that in a while."

Willow sighed and nudged him toward two empty chairs. Suddenly, she caught sight of Sabella. "Oh no," she muttered quietly, averting her eyes. "Tam -- let's not go over there. I see that... girl from earlier."

Willow cast a quick look at Sabella and Niege. She recognized Niege from AP Biology -- she had seemed so happy before, with her friend. Willow felt another envious pang -- she seems so popular! -- but then quickly quashed it. "We should go elsewhere," she said tersely, trying to drag him the opposite way. Surprisingly, Tam resisted.

"No, let's go meet her," Tam said cheerfully. If Sabella was in the sports club, Willow's chances of joining had now reached the single digits, he thought exasperatedly. Unless they get to know each other better, I guess.

Tam waved and yelled, "Hi! Sabella!" He quickly walked over to where she was standing, dragging along a very reluctant Willow. Willow met Sabella's eyes and gave a stiff nod of acknowledgement.

---------------------------------------

Peanut sent Hazel a text letting her know where to meet him. He didn't want to risk her getting lost again. "Hi," he greeted her, feeling slightly surprised when she flinched. "Anything wrong?" he asked.

Hazel shook her head, seeming almost... embarrassed? "Let's just go," she muttered, and Peanut felt another twinge of guilt. It's only for the day, he told himself. We'll go home right after I get some answers.

They walked to the room together in silence. Peanut heard the laughter and cheers before he saw the door. Sounds like they're having fun, he thought. It's a shame I don't play sports, huh? The grim thought amused him once again. A couple years ago, he might've joined. Strike that, Peanut corrected him, as another raucous burst of laughter hit him. I would've definitely joined.

Hazel lingered behind in the doorway for a moment before walking in. "We can go and try to find Sabella," she said halfheartedly. "She's the one who gave me the flyer."

I just hope she's not with that other boy again, Hazel thought nervously. I... I don't really want to explain myself. Unless he's already told her about what happened? Hazel sighed. Then Sabella probably hates me already.

"Is that her?" Peanut suddenly asked. "You said she was wearing an orange and red sweater, right?" Peanut didn't see Lavender anywhere, so he figured he may as well chat a bit. If she's a recruiter, then she might know where the officers are, he decided.

"Hi," he greeted Sabella as they walked up to her. To his surprise, another pair -- a girl and boy standing next to each other -- also whirled around. Oh, thought Peanut. Had they been talking to her first? Hazel also stuttered out a nervous greeting as she approached.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: No Name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Niege hoped that Tam and Willow had disregarded her presence during the conversation, which seemed wholly focused on Sabella; anyone would want to remain inconspicuous while recording and taking photos of strangers. Sabella stood still as a rock while answering the duo, although the words she said were more receptive in comparison. In her mind, she saw the situation more prudently. If they even do join the club, I don't have to see them, she thought. I'm in a position to get... what I want. And Aster will still be happy for the increased membership. Might as well join everyone else and feign cordiality. When asked questions about herself, she recalled her brother's notes on interviews -- use specific terminology, respond with similar questions, and always smile. So although it was also in part because of Tam's upbeat nature, she consciously smiled as she spoke to them, painting the Sports Club in the rosiest-tinted light she could.
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Name: heck
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Tam asked a couple of questions about the sports club, trying to get Willow to see that it would be fun to join. He had hoped that Sabella would retain their earlier cordiality, and to his relief, she did. She almost seemed to be... playing along? Tam didn't really believe that the club would be that interesting. He decided to ask more about it later. Whatever got Willow to join.

He still sensed that Willow was reluctant, and seemed to want to pull away from the conversation at any moment. She answered questions with slightly clipped tones, and didn't speak unless Sabella or Tam addressed her directly. He was glad that Sabella and Willow were at least acting civilly towards each other -- otherwise, he would have to awkwardly flirt or make bad puns or something to resolve the situation, and Sabella had already made her stance on that very clear.

--------------------------------------------

While Tam chattered animatedly beside her, Willow's eyes strayed to the girl beside Sabella. She was turned slightly sideways, leaning nonchalantly on a counter. Her long hair covered most of her profile.

Willow was about to answer a question Tam had asked her, when she saw a faint glint behind the girl's hair. Was that... a camera? On her phone? Willow didn't pay it any mind -- after all, people sometimes raised their phones just to surf the web. But she couldn't ignore the way it seemed pointed almost deliberately at her and Tam -- at least from what she was able to discern behind the girl's curtain of hair.

She cast a quick look at Tam and Sabella, and answered the question as she always did, using as few words as possible. They didn't seem to notice anything odd about the girl, and Willow was beginning to doubt if she even saw what she did. I don't make mistakes, usually, Willow thought firmly to herself. Weird, though -- why would she be taking pictures? I don't seem the harm, but I also don't like having my picture taken without asking. It's simply common courtesy.

Still wary, Willow shifted her position so that back was turned slightly to the girl. She was hesitant to call her out, just in case she hadn't been taking pictures. Goodness knows I've gotten Tam involved in enough today, Willow reflected. But still... I'll need to keep an eye on her.

--------------------------------------------

They had finished their conversation when two others popped behind them. Willow spun around, and Tam had followed suit. The other two seemed to want to talk to Sabella, so Tam thanked Sabella for answering their questions, and they both left.

"That was informative," Tam remarked. "You know, Sabella really isn't that bad," he said kindly, looking at Willow. Willow seemed to stiffen as he continued. "I know you two got off on the wrong foot, but if we're all going to be in the club together, we should at least be able to hold a conversation," he wheedled.

Willow opened her mouth to retort that she was not joining the club, when thoughts of the other girl popped up in her mind. On second thought... she mused. Maybe I should join. It wouldn't be too terrible, with Tam there, and I want to find out more about that strange girl. Why on Earth would she be taking pictures of us?

Tam waited hopefully as Willow paused, and seemed to come to a decision. "Fine," she said, sighing. "I'll try and... be slightly more flexible when it comes to Sabella," she continued. "And... I suppose I'll join the club," she added, somewhat grudgingly.

Tam cheered loudly. "Yes!" he crowed. "This'll be fun, Wills. Just you see!"
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:26 pm

In my opinion, they didn’t seem like sex offenders, but what do I know?” Niege mumbled, her mouth full of vanilla-flavored cream, befitting for her with her vanilla blonde hair. In her non-cream-puff-occupied hand, she scrolled through her newly snapped photos on her phone.

Taken aback by the sudden declaration, Sabella said, “I didn’t say they were! You didn’t say they were either, right?” She paused. "And to be honest, they don't seem that bad. Maybe they're tolerable."

Hey, I didn’t find information that said they weren't though,” said Niege amusedly. “Oh, looks like you’ve got more fans coming over. Hazel Senreta and… I’ve no idea who the boy is.” Sabella raised her eyebrows, moderately surprised that Niege had nothing more to say about her unfamiliarity with another student. Although her official position in the club was social — or just “soc” — chair, she struggled to rally the energy that her fellow club members and peers had for, well, socializing. They claimed that it was practice for networking, but Sabella could postpone a career-minded mentality to college. In the meantime, she tossed out her drunk-up boba and awaited whatever new conversation was coming for her.
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Peanut paused for a bit as he and Hazel drew closer to Sabella. "Can you start?" he asked quietly, nudging Hazel a little. Hazel jumped, startled.

"O-oh! Yes, sure," she replied. She waved timidly at Sabella. "H-hi, again. U-um... this i-is the friend I-I said I would b-bring," Hazel mumbled. "W-well, actually, h-he's my cousin. H-he used to play sports, b-but due to an i-injury, he h-had to -- "

(ooc: in case you were wondering Peanut can't reveal that he was injured b/c there's no hospital record since the operation had to be hush hush)

Peanut's eyes widened as he realized what Hazel had said. He cut in smoothly, interrupting Hazel with a worried glance. Hazel clamped up at once, looking horror-struck at what she had almost said.

"My name's Percy," his mouth quirked as he said his real name. He hated that name. "But my friends all call my Peanut," he continued, laughing a bit. "It's kind of a weird nickname, but..." he trailed off once more. "It's nice to meet you, though. What are your names?" he asked politely, extending one hand for a handshake.

-----------------------------------------

Hazel couldn't believe what she had almost blurted out. Stupid, stupid! she chastised herself. This is why you don't open your dumb mouth! Even Hazel had been somewhat in the dark about what had happened to her cousin. She knew that he had been shot several years ago -- over what, she didn't know, and no amount of prodding what make Peanut tell her -- and had to get an operation.

She knew that the operation, and the shooting, were supposed to kept secret. Hazel had a few theories on why, but none were conclusive, and she had immediately stopped asking around once Peanut told her to.

"Please, Hazel," he had said, with a pained look on his face. "It's better if you don't know."

Ever since the shooting, Peanut had... changed. He used to be so optimistic, she reflected sadly. He had so many plans for the future.

And Hazel might have ruined his chance of having any future here. That was a secret, she growled at herself. And I nearly ruined it! She sat numbly as Peanut introduced himself to Sabella, and the other girl.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Sabella thought the exchange about — what was it, an injury, the girl said? — was somewhat suspicious but supposed that she could look into it later. She reached out to shake Peanut’s hand, loosening her grip when she sensed the weakness of his. “I’m Sabella,” she introduced herself. “I’m the Sports Club’s social chair.

Niege hid her phone behind her back and waved innocently. “The name’s Niege. I’m the webmaster. Nice to meet you, Peanut. And your name’s Hazel?” she said, glancing at the girl her height.

While Niege and Hazel interacted, Sabella realized that now was the time to obtain more information about Peanut. She turned to him with a smile. “What year are you? Where are you from?” she asked slowly, avoiding an interrogatory tone of voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this moment, the two halves of the room each had a differing ambiance. While underclassmen engaged in polite conversations about commonplace matters, the upperclassmen were more responsible with their time, although they didn’t exactly utilize it in responsible ways.

Lav, is this spiked boba?” asked Kaisa, while still enjoying the drink in question.

Lavender smiled merrily. “I mean, of course, if this is the first meeting… then ya gotta draw people in from the outset, ya know?

Suddenly, her eyes widened — she leapt across the room, somehow agilely avoiding the mass of people between her and the objects of her attention, Tam and Willow. “Welcome to the Sports Club! I’ve never seen you two before, so this must be your first time,” she said, a beam painted across her face and her arms wide open. “I’m Lavender, but you can call me Lav. Secretary of Sta — no, wait, just secretary. So what are your names, years, titles? All of the above?

Lav, you… you’re so fast,” Kaisa interrupted as she finally joined her friend again.

Lavender burst out in unrestrained laughter. “Kaaaisa, you’re so red, oh my God!” she exclaimed. But in spite of her drunkenness, her observation skills seemed to be fine, if not heightened. While she squeezed the other girl’s flushed cheeks in delight, she saw Verano and immediately pulled him into the circle. “Vera, you're here just in time for the good stuff. We’ve got more new people, and they’re going to introduce themselves!
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Peanut withdrew his hand, briefly wondering why he still offered. All it did was make him feel even worse. It's because I always used to, he thought, once again resisting the inane urge to laugh. What the actual **** am I doing with my life.

"Nice to meet you, Sabella," he replied. He gave Hazel a quick look, who seemed to be talking to the other girl. Gosh, they're both so short.

He became wary as Sabella began asking him questions. Wasn't it the potential recruit who usually asked questions? About the club? He was careful with his responses. If I revealed more to Lavender than I should have, then I will really have to be more careful.

"I'm a junior," Peanut replied honestly, though he was furiously checking each word to make sure there was no hidden meaning. He made sure to only answer the questions given, nothing more, nothing less. "I'm from Italy. I transferred here this year."

Peanut decided to deflect the next round of questions that was surely coming. Hm, is this something that happens to all new students here? he wondered. Does everyone ask them questions like this? Maybe I just am paranoid. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, he thought darkly.

"But, I'm here to ask a little about the club," he continued. Of course, he had no intention of actually joining. If this was a sports club -- one jog around the lap -- hell, not even one lap. A fourth of the way around, and I'd collapse. There's no need for me to be around all these athletic people.

"What kinds of activities do you guys do here?" he asked casually. "From what I can see, all of you guys are involved in different sports. How does that work, then?"

----------------------------------------------------

Hazel stammered again as she realized the other girl was trying to draw her into a conversation. Oh, look, she observed idly. We're the same height. Whether consciously or not, the thought relaxed Hazel a little bit. She was used to looking up at others as she talked.

"Yes, my n-name's Hazel," she replied, finding out to her surprise that she only stuttered once. "Um... Niege. That's a nice name," Hazel tried to smile at the other girl. Even though she wasn't here to join, Hazel figured she may as well try and make a friend. My first one, she thought wryly. Hopefully I can do this without messing up, like I always do.

----------------------------------------------------

Tam was starting to regret some of his choices. He first realized it when a senior, who had flushed cheeks, all but leapt over several tables and landed in front of him and Willow. Holy macaroni, is she drunk? he thought disbelievingly. We're still on school grounds! Tam had done a number of questionable things -- flirting with Sabella was up there -- but even he wouldn't dare to get drunk on school grounds. Especially not in a school like Hyperion.

"I. I, uh," he stammered, trying to collect himself at her sudden appearance. "Well... my name's Tam. Here's Willow," he gestured weakly towards Willow, who seemed shocked and unable to speak.

And to make things worse, this girl -- Lavender -- pulled the verdammt president of the Chemistry Club into the conversation. Although Tam wasn't very religious, he made a silent prayer to whoever lived on the second floor, that the president didn't remember him.

Meanwhile, it seemed Willow had collected herself. She had no desire to take part in a conversation with someone who was obviously drunk, and stepped back a little bit. She tried not to let her annoyance show. Tam still seemed frozen, so she took it upon herself to answer Lavender's questions. There was no need to be rude, even in a situation like this.

"We're both sophomores," she replied pointedly, then softened her tone slightly. "We saw the flyer... and Tam thought it would be nice to join." Willow cast a quick look at Tam, who nodded weakly.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Wow, Italy,” said Sabella. She hoped she did not come off as sarcastic, since she really did find it interesting that he was an international transfer student; they were quite uncommon among the masses of Hyperion students from California and the New England region. Lost in thought, she almost forgot that he anticipated her answer.
Right, about the club,” she said. “We do do different sports, but only new officers are required to officially be sports recruits. While we hold a few officer-only outings, most of our events and services are intended for the entire student body and sometimes the Claremont community at large.” She stopped and thought briefly about the types of events that would be most attractive, but she ultimately concluded that the club wouldn't hold unattractive events in the first place. “Besides the typical food study breaks, we organize the Sports Day Festival, a big competition across campus in the spring, and we work with the Student Council on a Community Festival to raise money for various non-profits. Our club comprises several spaces accessible by general members. That includes a bowling alley, a golf course, and a ballroom… though I’m not sure how we managed that,” she laughed, scratching her head. “We also serve as the liaison between all Hyperion athletes and international sports competitions.

Praying that she had not scared him away, she said timidly, “Anything pique your interest?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks! Yours is nice too,” said Niege. She rocked back and forth, her long ombre hair swinging like a pendulum behind her. For her, conversing with others came more naturally, especially when she had the clear goal of recruiting them in mind. Whereas Sabella silently recited rules of socializing, Niege saw the art of conversation like playing with scales and maintaining balance, something which her life thus far had trained her for. “You’re a freshman, aren’t you? How are you enjoying your time at Hyperion?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophomores, eh? Why didn’t you come as freshmen?” Lavender said, making a sad puppy-dog face that lasted only a matter of seconds. She then shrugged and continued more joyfully, “Well, not that it matters, because you’re here now! Whoo!" She enthusiastically cheered and clapped for the two. "Since you're here, please eat more of the yummy food! We bought tons, and oh — do you guys know my friends Kaisa and Vera here? They’re like chemistry gods.” She pointed furiously at the cold drink the junior grasped in her hands. “Vera, drink some of this! It's taro milk tea!

While Kaisa handed the boba over, she bobbed her head curiously at Tam. “Have we met before?” she asked. “You look familiar...?
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Slightly stunned, Peanut rocked back on his heels. Who knew a sports club could have so much influence? he marveled. He felt a little guilty for asking so much -- he hadn't expected her response to be so detailed. Why does a sports club need a ballroom? he mused. Frowning slightly, he considered Hazel for a moment. If the sports club really was that important -- a liaison between all international sports committees and Hyperion athletes -- then he had to get Hazel to join.

"Oh, I see," Peanut smiled a little bit. "I would probably join as a general member, then... although, my cousin, Hazel, would definitely need to join the club. She's a sports recruit," he explained. He looked at Hazel again, who seemed to be holding a conversation the other girl. The sight please him a little -- Hazel was far too timid, he reflected.

"Hmm..." Peanut considered whether he should ask her about Lavender or not. He hadn't seen the girl since he got here, and he would definitely need to talk with her before the meeting ended. "By the way, would you happen to know anyone named Lavender Sonnen?" Peanut inquired. "I need to ask her couple questions over something that happened in AP [science class]."

-----------------------------------

Hazel bit her lip nervously as she thought about how to answer Niege's question. My first day was awful, she thought, full of chagrin. Obviously, I can't tell her that though...

"Well," she paused, struggling to come up with a lie. "It was... Hyperion i-is a b-big s-school," Hazel finished lamely. Even she could hear how bad that sounded. "I-I mean, i-it was kind of h-hard finding m-my around." There. At least that was somewhat believable.

Tam suddenly choked on the air. Do I know her from somewhere? he thought furiously. Ah... she was at the Triple Pt lab too,
wasn't she? Joy.

He feigned memory loss. "No, I don't think I've seen you around before," he said, flustered. What had he gotten himself into this time? Hadn't he had enough awkward conversations for one day? Before he what he was doing, Tam fell back on his strategy of flirting to get out of a situation. "I would've remembered you if I'd seen you before," he replied, adding in a wink.

He felt mortified. Well. If that hadn't taken her mind off the lab incident, then nothing would. That's one way to change the subject, he inwardly groaned, resisting the urge to sit down and put his head between his knees.

Willow stared at Tam as he blurted out that line. Normally, he was so collected -- well, not collected. But he took everything in stride, and rarely misspoke. Now, he looked as if though he wanted to die, right then and there.

When she had first met Tam, she found him repulsive. His happy-go-lucky attitude had infuriated her -- and the way he spoke to complete strangers! Completely unprofessional. But, as she had gotten to know him more -- to this day, she had no idea why he hung around her -- she had understood. Not completely, but a little better than before.

Lost in her thoughts, Willow picked up a drink from the table. What did that girl call this? Taro milk tea? She took a sip, savoring the cold sweetness. It's pretty good, she thought, surprised.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Sabella shrugged her shoulders in relief that he at least appeared satisfied, and that she had indirectly drawn in a possible officer, one of the first to be a track and field recruit. But nothing her brother could have taught her prepared her for Peanut’s new inquiry. Why would he come here just to talk to Lav about class? she thought. But I won’t judge… until I find out more about him.

Lavender… yes, she’s over there,” said Sabella. She quickly caught sight of the senior on the other side of the room and pointed in her general direction. “Do you see her? She has a white ribbon in her hair.

(ooc: also since they go to an elite school, i think it could be a college-level class rather than an AP class… o: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You’ve got that right, it is an enormous school,” Niege said with a chuckle. “But you made it to the right place now, you know?” Her ice blue eyes glinted with zeal. “Sabella told me something about your spectacular running ability earlier. It’s possible you won’t again have trouble navigating the campus, your classes, your social life…” She bowed her head slightly in respect. “And that’s only the tip of the iceberg to what the Sports Club can do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw, is that so? Maybe my memory’s just bad then,” Kaisa trailed off, having conveniently gotten distracted when the boy began his flirting. Given her perfectionist tendencies, it was expected that she would try to find a potential corroborator. She called Verano over and said, “Do you remember this guy? I swear he was part of Chem Club before! And I’ve heard the name Tam before for sure…

I, um… Kaisa, you know I don’t know everyone in the club on a first name basis,” Verano said. Before he could say another word, he winced slightly and then turned to Lavender. “Did you put vodka in this?

Ooh, look at Vera the sommelier (ooc: i know sommelier is for wine but she's out of it),” Lavender said playfully. “Yep, imported from France and pretty fucking expensive. But it’s got a bright and rich and pleasant taste. Weeeell, that’s what the bottle said.

Frowning, Kaisa firmly gripped Verano's hand to distract him from the alcohol; the pigtailed pre-medical student was evidently not satisfied with the state of things.

Last edited by espeon on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:21 pm

"Yes, I see her," Peanut replied, looking over several groups of students. He frowned as he saw her -- she was laughing loudly, surrounded by a group of students. Two of them were in front of her, and seemed rather uncomfortable. "Um... is she... alright?" he hesitated. "She seems kind of... inebriated. Is there alcohol at this meeting?"

Despite having grown up in Italy, Peanut had little to no experience with drinking. He had, however, seen his fair share of drunken people, and could usually tell whether someone was under the influence of alcohol or not.

It's not really my business anyway, he thought. These people look like they're having fun. This isn't a place for me. I just need to talk to Lavender, and then I'll leave. Peanut hoped that if Lavender was drunk, he could get her to talk a little more easily. But then again... if she does know, she might say it in front of all these people.

Peanut sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair. This was a dilemma, if he ever saw one. Should he risk it? He might not get this opportunity again -- if Lavender really was this perceptive, then she would be able to easily tell if Peanut was trying to wheedle information out of her. On the other hand, if she did know, and she revealed it... Peanut once again smiled at a bit at the absurdity of his situation.

And, to think... it's only my first day here.

----------------------------------------

Despite what Niege had implied, Hazel only grew more nervous. "T-thank you," she stuttered out. "It's u-um, it's really n-not that good," she answered modestly. In truth, Hazel was really quite fast. She conditioned herself regularly, and even her normal, everyday activities involved running -- typically away from situations, away from people.

She felt slightly uncomfortable with Niege's tone -- she only needed a map, right? To navigate the school. And this was her first day here. It's not like other people who weren't in the sports club had trouble managing their daily lives, Hazel thought gloomily.

"I-it sounds like t-this club o-opens up a lot o-opportunities," Hazel finally managed. She planned on ending the conversation soon, she wasn't even used to talking this long to a stranger. "B-but I don't t-think it's a r-right fit f-for me. I'm not... I-I don't..." she trailed off, wondering where she was going with his line of thought. She didn't what? Hazel couldn't admit that she hated socializing, could she?

Instead, Hazel ended the sentence with a forced smile. "I... I should probably g-go. I-I was really only here to i-introduce my c-cousin, after a-all. H-he's looking f-for a friend," she finished.

Tam felt himself turn bright red, for what must've been the third time in a matter of hours. "Uh, it's no big deal," he managed a smile, putting his hands into his hoodie pockets once more. "Maybe it is the Chem Club then. I only went the introductory meeting, I think," Tam lied. And before he could lose his nerve -- "But, it's flattering that you remember me."

He listened to the other's conversation, noting that there was indeed alcohol in the bubble tea. Not that it surprised him, given Lavender's current state. Sounds pretty fancy, too. Given that this is an introductory meeting for a high school sports club.

"Anyway," Tam attempted to get the wreck of a conversation back up running. "We're here as potential members. We asked someone else before about the club a bit. When will the meeting actually start?" he inquired. "Is there going to be a presentation or something?"

Willow had already drunk most of her tea when she heard that there was alcohol in it. She had just taken another mouthful, too! Now, she was torn between the awkward decision of swallowing it -- or sprinting to the restroom and spitting it in the sink.

Surprisingly, Willow didn't think she really cared anymore. She swallowed the mouthful she had, and felt as though she rather enjoyed the feeling of having water in her head. Ish kind of hard to think, she slurred, and giggled a little bit. Oh, if only Willow from an hour ago could see her now. It feels like there are fish up in there, she thought, and actually knocked lightly on her temple several times.

"Tam, you should try this," she shoved the mostly-empty cup at him. His eyes widened as he took in her state, privately wondering how this day could go any worse. "I think there's vodka in here," she slurred. "Never had it before. Tasthes greath."
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:09 pm

She’s alright,” Sabella said rapidly. As the social chair, it was her job to acquire alcohol for events, but she hadn’t expected that Lavender wanted to use it for the introductory meeting. To lighten the mood for them both, she assured him, laughing, “Even if that’s alcohol, Lav will be fine. I know her. Just go ahead and have a chat with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niege made a sulky expression. She spoke quietly as if to herself, but loud enough that Hazel would think it was directed at her. “I see. To think someone would turn down such an august position… as if they could take on the beast that is Hyperion... alone.” She took a last look at Hazel, speaking up. “Well, if you ever want to stop by, you’re always welcome. We’re holding a cheesecake study break later this month. Very nice meeting you though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it meant her claim was correct, Kaisa reluctantly accepted Tam’s lie. She flashed an anxious look at Verano, waiting for him, an actual officer of the club, to answer the question. But her signal was apparently delayed, having to traverse a barrier of intoxication. “Yes, sorry,” he finally said. “We’re pleased to have you here! Um, yeah, an informal presentation. Is it 5 yet?

Kaisa glanced at the clock. “5:03. Looks like Aster’s late — whoa, that Willow girl isn’t looking so great!

Oh, that’s not good. We don’t want to get reported for something like this.” He somehow sobered up enough to snatch the boba from Willow’s hand and then to support her until she got ahold of her footing.

Vera!” echoed an all-too-familiar voice.

Aster?

Well, here's the king of the jungle. The presentation should be starting soon,” commented Kaisa. She turned to Tam with a disgusted expression on her face. “Don't try to flirt with him.

Last edited by espeon on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:05 pm

"Oh," Peanut replied. He didn't really know what else to say. He was torn between laughing and simply pretending he hadn't seen this. On one hand, Peanut admired the sports club for their blatant flaunting of the rules -- I mean, this is school property -- but on the other hand, he wasn't sure if newcomers would be exactly flocking to the club with one of their officers like this.

"Well. Oh well," he laughed a little bit. "If you say so." On the other hand, he supposed, if the sports club was such a kingpin between the athletes and the community, members would be flocking to join no matter what. "I'll be seeing you around them" he said casually to Sabella. "I just need to ask Lavender a few quick questions. We're in the same group for lab, you see."

As he walked away and out of the room, Peanut realized that he really couldn't risk Lavender saying something in front of any others, though. He thought of a couple ways to talk to her privately, and decided on just sending her a text.

> hi lavender
> it's peanut
> can we talk for a second?
> question over something in [science class] today

-------------------------------------------------

Hazel flinched as Niege starting speaking under her breath. Was the... was being part of a group that important? She already had Peanut, didn't she? She looked to where Peanut was supposed to be, talking with Sabella, and realized... he wasn't there.

Hazel suddenly found it a lot more difficult to talk. "I-I... " her voice failed her, and she suddenly couldn't get a single word out. Despite that, she managed to put on a smile and then mouthed the word "go." Her faced burned in shame. Here she was, a freshman in high school, speaking like a baby. Where did he go? Hazel thought despairingly. Why did he leave me?

She quickly waved bye to Niege, and then darted through the crowd, trying to ignore her claustrophobia. As she scanned the people around her, someone stepped on her foot... and Hazel pitched forward into a table with little cakes on it.

The chatter around her quickly stopped as they all stopped to stare. Hazel shrank back. Someone offered her their hand to get up, and she jerked away. "S-sorry," she whispered, mortified. "I-I'm so s-sorry, I d-didn't m-mean to..." She scooted away from the offered hand, and realized that she was covered in frosting.

I probably look like a clown right now, don't I ...? she thought despairingly. "I didn't -- didn't m-mean to," she tried to explain. And for the second time in minutes, Hazel found herself unable to get a single word out.

-------------------------------------------------

Tam was wondering how this conversation went so wrong. Again. Before he could explain himself to Kaisa, Willow had apparently gotten herself drunk? He resisted the urge to rub the bridge of his nose. How had this happened? Willow was such a stickler for the rules -- she would never knowingly drink something alcoholic.

"Maybe you could get a sign or something, or have someone else hand out those drinks?" he asked desperately. "Um. Since not everyone might know those have vodka in them. Here, let me." Tam reached out an arm for Willow, steadying her. She giggled like a child, and that's when Tam knew they had to go home. Willow would never do something as silly as that.

Tam glanced at the clock. Great timing, too, he thought sarcastically. The presentation is starting soon. He paused for a second. "We... we should probably get going. Wills -- Willow... uh, she would kill me if she knew that I let her interact with others like this. She's kind of a stickler for the rules," he continued. "When she's not drunk."

Suddenly, there was a loud crash in the room, and Tam whirled around to see a girl -- she looks like an eleven year old, he thought disbelievingly -- in the center of a pile of cakes. "Oh no," he muttered sympathetically.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:23 pm

(ooc: lav’s in no state to message him rn)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my God,” Lotus said, bewildered at the chaos that had unfolded before her eyes, sparked off by a single step she took. The piercing stares around her conjured up unwanted memories from freshman year. She couldn’t think straight about what to do — not that it mattered, for she became paralyzed in shock. Luckily, her best friend standing at her side, Minerva, acted sensibly, proffering a friendly hand for the freshman, who refused it. Sensing that the negative attention would not make the fallen girl feel any more comfortable, Minerva shouted at the bystanders nearby to mind their own business. Sure, some of them muttered criticism about her, but in her eyes, since she did not know them, she shouldn’t waste any shred of her energy on them. Lotus bent down and gazed guiltily at Hazel, weakly trying to brush off some of the crumbs and frosting that covered the freshman. In a deeper voice than usual, she said, “It’s alright. Don’t apologize.” Seeing her brother, she realized the presentation would begin soon, so it would be best to slither out while the room was still wild and noisy. Fighting back her own tears, she offered to take Hazel to the restroom to wash up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I’m late! Welcome to the first meeting of the [school year number] Hyperion Academy Sports Club, everybody!” announced Aster, standing atop a table and surveying the substantial turnout in the room. “I’m Aster — ” He was drowned out by cheers and applause from the numerous students that knew him. With a humble smile, he raised his hand to quiet them down. “I hope you enjoyed our refreshments — courtesy of our charming executive board. For those of you that are new, I will begin with a formal introduction of the club.” He continued with a club description, which sounded like a memorized sales pitch, though he managed to make it flow like poetry. He proceeded to introduce the executive board, excluding Lotus who he could not spot among the crowd, and then moved on to a number of updates relevant to this year's club.
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Peanut stared at the message screen for a few minutes, before realizing that Lavender probably wasn't going to respond anytime soon. He sighed and put his phone away. Maybe he would have better luck in person. Suddenly, he remembered Hazel again. Oh no, he thought, alarmed. I shouldn't have just left her there. Last I checked, she was still talking with Niege, but... Peanut trailed off. He knew how Hazel got around crowds.

I just... got so worried about Lavender, and what she might know, Peanut growled at himself. I need to go back now and check how she's doing.

Hazel stared numbly at the chaos around her. A small crowd had gathered. There were two girls standing near Hazel -- one of them yelled something at the crowd -- and the other carefully brushed some crumbs off Hazel's sweater. She wasn't sure what the other girl was asking -- something about the restroom? -- but nodded numbly anyway.

I didn't mean to cause so much trouble, she thought, and felt like crying. She felt as though she ought to say something to the other girl -- thank you? Or apologize again? Everything seemed so insignificant, and Hazel really didn't feel like talking. She just wanted to go home.

Suddenly, she spotted someone in the hallway, and a hoarse cry tore itself from her chest. "P-Peanut," she called, her hand breaking free of the other girl's grip. She ran to him and hugged him fiercely, before realizing that she was coated in cake and frosting. "O-oh no... y-your clothes," she sobbed. "I-I d-didn't -- why did you leave me?!"

Peanut had only been walking for a minute or so when he saw two other figures in the hallway. One of them tore itself away from the other and launched themself at him. "Oof!" he grunted, taking a step backwards in surprise. "H-Hazel?" he asked, surprised. She was babbling something about his clothes, but he was more concerned as to why she seemed to be covered in cake.

"I-I d-didn't -- why did you leave me?!" she suddenly wailed.

Peanut felt as guilty as hell. All this, he thought bitterly. was because I was being stupid. And paranoid.

"I-I'm so sorry," Peanut stammered out an apology. "I didn't mean to -- I forgot -- there was something I needed to do -- " Despite the entire ******* up situation he was in right now, Peanut realized the irony of it. Usually, Hazel would be apologizing to him -- he wasn't sure why, usually -- not the other way around.

"Why are you covered in cake?" Peanut leaned down to her level, gently brushing some of crumbs out of her hair. Hazel simply shook her head and hugged him tighter. Suddenly, he remembered the other girl Hazel had come with.

"Excuse me," he said, almost apologetically. "I, um. Thank you for helping Hazel. I think," he continued. "I'm Peanut -- well, Percy, but everyone calls me Peanut. I'm her cousin. What... what happened, exactly?"

Tam watched as another girl led the one covered in cake away. Interestingly enough, they both seemed about to cry. He turned his attention back to Willow, who was still completely wasted. Well. Wasted by Willow standards, anyway. He sighed as he surveyed the scene around him -- angry people, smashed cake. The presentation had started, and a throng of people formed a bottleneck around the exit. Tam inwardly groaned. There was no way there were getting out, easily.

He halfheartedly waved goodbye to Lavender and Verano as he tried to navigate the crowd, pulling Willow by the hand. She stumbled along, and he swear he saw her dip a finger into the frosting that lined one of the walls and eat it.

Along the way, he heard some of the things Aster said -- about the sports club. Wow, he thought. This club really is quite prestigious, huh? Wills and I have to join for sure.

He looked back at Willow. Her hair was a mess, and she seemed to be giggling inanely at him. For both our sakes, Tam thought wearily. I hope no one remembers us today.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Lotus wiped the tears forming in her eyes. Disquiet sprung up within her when she realized that this boy, who seemed to be a guardian to Hazel, had been so irresponsible. She cleared her throat and tried to obliterate the negativity that this situation prompted. “I’m Lotus. I was a fool and accidentally caused her to run into a table of food. I wanted to help her get all this cleaned off. I’m… glad that you’re here to help her now.” She sighed, looking toward Hazel. “Sorry again,” she managed, before returning to the club’s meeting room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!” Lavender called to Tam and Willow, chasing after them with a clipboard in her hand. The senior seemed to have regained clearheadedness. “I don’t think I had you guys sign up here while I was… you know. I don’t want to hold you up any longer, but could you please write down your name, year, and dorm? Much appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That sure was something,” Sabella remarked. “I reached my quota of people wanting to join — can you all say that?” She cast a bitter glance over towards Lotus, who stood sullenly at the edge of the group.

Now, now! It’s not time to get mad at each other, Sabella,” Aster said, putting his arm around the sophomore's shoulders. “I thought it was a success. Did you see how many people we had?

Did you see how many people left early?

Why were you counting?” said Lotus. “You should’ve done something; that’s something you’d usually say to me. So why not act on —” Aster lifted his hand to silence the quarreling girls.

With a yawn, he said, “Let’s leave it for now. Once Lav returns with that clipboard, I’m just going to bed.

Last edited by Espeon on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:40 am

Peanut watched Lotus return to the classroom. Something about her tone of voice had struck him as... sad. She was very upfront over what happened, and didn't really mince her words, he mulled. And she left before I could even thank her, or say goodbye.

I'll think about that later, he decided. Hazel had left go of him a little bit ago, and was now standing a little off the side. She was a mess -- her sweater looked like it had more frosting than yarn in it, and her hair was coated in crumbs. Judging by the voices, Peanut figured that there were more people in the girl's restroom -- which meant that there was no way Hazel was going in there.

He said quickly, "Wait here. I'll go get some paper towels." Peanut ran into the men's restroom, which was mercifully clear. He grabbed a stack of towels from the dispenser, and made his way back to Hazel and helped her clean off the worst of the cake and frosting. All the while, Peanut noticed that Hazel refused to look him in the eye.

"It wasn't your fault," he said quietly. He hesitated as Hazel sniffed, and wiped her eyes furiously. Lavender can come later, he decided firmly. "Come on. Let's go back the dorms."

As they walked together, Peanut felt more and more guilty. He had completely forgotten about Hazel -- the one person who he could call his only friend. And yet, even they don't know everything about me. He considered apologizing, wondering if she would take it the wrong way. I still need to make amends.

"I'm sorry. Again. For leaving you," Peanut said, breaking the silence. Beside him, Hazel stiffened.

"N-not your f-fault," she mumbled.

It was only several minutes later when Peanut realized that Hazel had started talking to him in a stutter.

---------------------------------------------

Tam wanted to scream. And maybe pull his hair out. I thought people only did in the cartoons, he mused. He looked over at Willow again. Can she even write? Somehow, he doubted it.

Tam knew that Willow didn't live on-campus -- he wasn't really too sure why. The subject hadn't really come up. But, somehow, he was going to have to communicate that to Lavender. Well, Willow never did say that they wanted to join, he frowned. Maybe she can sign it later.

"Sure," Tam replied to Lavender, picking up the pen. He carefully wrote down his information on the sheet. "I'm not sure if Willow wanted to join, though. We came to the club for more information, but, ah, this is... this is her first time drinking. And. Um.
She's a verdammt light weight, apparently,"
he explained. "We can... we can fill out her information later. Once I convince her that this club would be good to join."

Besides him, Willow took that moment to speak. "I can join," she slurred. "It would be fun."

Tam wanted to scream. Again. "Wills, I don't think you can really make these decisions right now," he started, but Willow cut him off.

"For goodness's sake, Tam, I'm joining a club. Not the military," she snapped, grabbing the pen from him. Tam almost believed the old Willow was back, until he saw that she had signed her name with several hearts next to it. He started sweating nervously as Willow paused at the dorm number.

"What do you do if you don't live on campus?" she asked Lavender. Besides her, Tam resisted the urge to start flirting their way out of this verdammt mess.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 am

(ooc: i don't really have much to reply to, so we can just move on soon o: )

Lavender blinked in surprise at Tam and then the tipsy girl practically splayed over the wooden clipboard. Although she too was concerned about Willow's state, her desire to recruit new members prevailed. "E-Excuse me? You don't live on campus?" she said. "You could just write your address instead.” She gave Tam an uncertain smile, saying softly to him, “You seem to know her well; does she have a special condition that would, you know, give her the prerogative to live off-campus? I’m just curious, to be honest.

Lav!” Lotus’s shrill voice traveled down the hallway. “Hurry up!” Lavender turned to Tam, indicating that the “hurry up” should apply to him as well.

Last edited by Espeon on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Tam shrugged hopelessly. "The subject has never really come up. I know where her house is, I just don't know why she doesn't live on campus," he replied.

"I'm right here, you know," Willow complained. "You can jusht ask me."

"Can you give a coherent response?" he retorted, rolling his eyes. That made Willow pause. She swayed slightly in place, blinking owlishly at him and Lavender. "That's what I thought," Tam muttered. "Anyway... why do you even need our dorms?"
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:38 pm

"I'm not the one that wrote this form up," said Lavender, watching as Willow wrote her address down. "But if I had to guess, I'd say it's for initiations." She pulled a guileless expression, well aware that the club already had access to the information of everyone that had shown up to that room today, and that the dorm query on the form was only there to eliminate suspicion... and that she was the one that created the form. "By the way, are you sure we shouldn't bring her to Health Services? She won't get in trouble for drinking so little. They'll take good care of her."
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Tam hesitated before responding. With anyone else, he would've automatically said yes -- but he knew that Willow would hate him if he let her to a school official like this. "I think I mentioned it before," he started nervously. "But Willow is... kind of a stickler. She follows the rules to a tee," he continued, almost apologetically. "It's illegal to drink on school grounds. Are you sure she wouldn't get in trouble for this? I mean, you can't really tell how much she drank by looking at her."

Beside Tam, Willow wasn't exactly helping her case. She continued to sway slightly and seemed to have developed an innate fascination with the pen, clicking it repeatedly and making the ink tip go in and out.

"You know, I jusht remembered," she slurred, "There was this one girl at the meeting. I think she was taking pictures of us. She had long blond hair. Kinda short. Do either of you know her name?" she asked, looking around at Tam and Lavender.

"On the other hand," Tam continued, not listening to anything Willow was saying. "Um. She doesn't live on campus, and I can't drive. She drives here everyday, and back. So, what I'm saying is, I'm not sure how she's going to get home, either."

Although he didn't really blame Lavender, or anyone in the sports club, Tam still felt annoyed with the awkward situation he was in currently. "Maybe have a label, or something on the alcoholic drinks next time," he suggested.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Lavender raised her eyebrow, amused that Tam thought she would not be able to discern how much alcohol someone has consumed. "She's fine," she said sternly. "I didn't put too much in each boba, but I guess I didn't take into account how much of a lightweight some people could be -- she's certainly an outlier compared to the other students here." She lightly patted Willow's head with an embarrassed smile. Hearing Tam's silence (ooc: i know what i said), she continued, "The short girl... her name's Niege Corindon. That's strange that she'd be taking photos." Again, she knew well how Niege often snapped photos of the people she found "fascinating." "I probably shouldn't be driving now -- but some of the others in the Sports Club are sober and licensed! We could ask them."
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:44 pm

"Yeah, probably not," Tam echoed. He was a little concerned over what Lavender had said regarding Niege. When Willow mentioned the other girl, Tam hadn't been really paying attention -- he had simply chalked it up to the boba talking. I can ask Willow about that later, he decided, and grimaced slightly. If she can even remember.

Still, Tam felt bad about accepting help from someone he barely knew. "Let's go to Health Services then. And... about the ride... are you sure that's okay?" he fretted. "I'd hate to be a bother. And, uh, they won't tell about her living off-campus, will they?"

"No, it's fine," Lavender reassured him. "Come, let's go."

ooc: time jump now! skipping to tomorrow morning

------------------------------------------------------------

Willow woke up in the middle of the night. Her first though was: I don't think I've completed my homework yet. Or, rather, I have no memory of doing so. Her next thought was: How did I get home? Frowning, she racked her brains for a moment, before realizing what had happened the day before.

She groaned, and buried her head between her knees. I acted like such a fool! she thought regretfully. The afternoon had gone by in a haze -- her mind seemed to have been wrapped in velvet sheets.

Her face burned as she remembered -- signing up for the club, putting hearts by her name, and outright admitting to someone else that she lived off-campus. Goodness, I hope they don't tell, she thought, alarmed. Normally, Willow was a stickler for the rules -- but the idea of living in such close quarters with someone else repulsed her. Her parents were always away for their work, and so she always had the whole place to herself. Thus, she had insisted on living off-campus -- her house wasn't very far away, she'd argued. A hefty sum of money -- a donation -- had also helped seal the deal.

Willow hesitated, deciding whether she should go to school tomorrow or not. I'll have to eventually, she thought gloomily. Maybe, they'll forget? Probably not. I'd remember if I saw someone acting so silly, she thought sourly. For now, I should focus on getting some work done.

The work they had been assigned wasn't very much -- it was only the second day of school, after all. Still, Willow was meticulous, despite the fact that her head was swimming by the time she was done, and the sun was peeking out beyond the horizon. If I go to sleep now, I can get in an hour or two, she thought wearily.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hazel's alarm clock rang at 5:00 am -- just like it did every day. Normally, this was the time she'd go for her morning run, but today, she just wanted to forget the world for a while longer. I can't believe what happened yesterday, she thought as she got up, swinging her legs over the side of her bed.

She pulled her second favorite sweater on -- her favorite one, after all, had been ruined. Though she could have washed it, Hazel decided to discard the thing as soon as she got home. It was covered in frosting and crumbs, and looking at it made her feel slightly sick.

For a moment, she considered skipping school today, then reconsidered. I just have to hope I don't run into anyone today. Hazel looked over the clock again -- 5:15 am. There was no chance of her going back to sleep, and she didn't know what else to do, either. I guess I'll just go for a run after all.

The morning air had a bite to it as Hazel walked outside. It's nippy, she thought in surprise. Well, as cold as it can get for California, anyway. She started to run, relaxing into a familiar rhythm. This was a good idea. Following a routine helps me calm down. Hazel had done several laps around the block until she noticed someone else in the park.

Isn't that... that's the girl from yesterday! Hazel's eyes widened in shock as she stumbled slightly. Oh gosh, oh no, she thought nervously. There wasn't anywhere to hide, and it was too late to turn back. She probably hates me.

There was no other choice. Hazel simply had to pretend she didn't notice the other girl. She tried to maintain a steady pace, and kept her head down as she jogged past.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by espeon on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Lotus awoke to the noise of her friend and roommate Minerva slamming the door shut behind her as she ran outside to begin her day, likely filled with orchestra rehearsal and math lectures — but it’s not that Lotus wanted to be the one that followed behind others. She detested it. In fact, she dreamed of being the leader, the one who stood out, the one that would not regret missing out on anything. But even after all these years, her days were often blemished with missed opportunities and remorseful tears. Maybe subconsciously, she was just afraid to make her dream reality. In any case, she slipped into the academy uniform top and a pair of maroon sweatpants, the words “Hyperion Academy” printed on them in white capital letters.

The fresh September air tickled her face as she exited her dorm. Yesterday, she decided she would strive to keep up an early morning work-out routine, so no matter what insanity happened at Hyperion this year, at least her body would feel good about it. While in the neighborhood park, she was surprised to see another figure and wondered if she would recognize them. It’s… that girl. What do I do? she thought, immediately discerning Hazel’s small size and shape. …what would Aster do?

Expecting that the freshman would bolt away at any bold approach, she turned around and called out a friendly “hi” before continuing on her own path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side of the Genovese family, Aster awoke to not being able to breathe properly, thanks to the pillow that he had been smothered with. He swung his arms around to get free, finally grappling someone’s soft… hair.

Ow, that hurts!” Though when he identified the voice, he only tugged harder until the pillow was removed from his face. Sitting up, he came face to face with Lavender who, with her sharp eyeliner and silver eyeshadow, appeared well prepared to tackle the day — unlike him, who slept in until half an hour before class.

Looks like you finally woke up, sleepyhead,” he heard Anise’s voice from somewhere else.

Oh God, how did you guys get in here?” he asked, glancing at his phone groggily. “I probably shouldn’t be late to [class name]… Lav, could you please let me up?” Since she hadn't heard his request, he lightly pushed her off of his lap.

Anise flashed her crimson gaze at him from the corner of the bedroom. “We climbed in through the window that Vera left open when he had to go to class earlier. Obviously. Now you’d better get up!” She tossed another pillow at him. Lying supine on his bed, Lavender grabbed hold of his shirt, adding, “Yeah, there’s a Student Council lunch meeting about organizing this semester’s Officer Battles! Don't miss it!

Last edited by Espeon on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
espeon
Glider
Glider

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Hazel stiffened, then turned around. She stared at Lotus's retreating form, then thought about what Niege had sad yesterday -- '...
as if they could take on the beast that is Hyperion...
alone.' Hazel drew in a sharp breath. She'd expected to just float through high school -- keep her head down, keep her nose out of trouble. She wouldn't cause any trouble -- she would just get her diploma, and get out. Hazel had made it through middle school alone -- why would high school be any different? In fact, she'd expected it to be better, with Peanut here.

Yesterday was an accident, she thought firmly, then sighed. I'm being stupid. Of course, Peanut would have his own things to worry about -- he's a junior, and juniors have a lot more things on their plate. Yesterday's accident that shaken her up more than she'd thought. Normally, in situations like this, Hazel would just pretend it never happened. But... yesterday. Her first day of high school, had just gone so badly. Tears sprung to her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away before anyone else could see.

Besides, the other girl... Hazel didn't know her name, but she had been kind enough. I should at least apologize for yesterday, Hazel thought resolutely. If I don't screw this up, too.

Before she could lose her nerve, Hazel called out, "Hey." The other girl turned around and looked at Hazel with something indiscernible in her eyes. Rapidly losing confidence, Hazel tried to get her words out as quickly as possible.

"A-about yesterday," she continued. "I-I'm s-sorry for ruining the cakes. I-I was being stupid. I b-brought my c-cousin over t-to see i-if he'd j-join the club, b-but... " Hazel's throat seized up again, and she swallowed nervously. "A-anyway. S-someone -- I t-think Sabella was h-her name -- m-mentioned t-that I s-should join the s-sports club. I-I do t-track and field. I-if it's not t-too late, d-do you think I-I could...?"

Hazel actually hadn't expected to say that last part. She'd toyed with the idea of joining for a little bit, but she actually hadn't expected to blurt it out loud. Who am I kidding, she thought wearily. Like they'd want me. After yesterday.

She laughed, a little shakily. "N-nevermind. T-this was a s-stupid idea. I-I'm being s-stupid. I'm sorry for t-taking u-up your t-time," she mumbled, starting to walk away.
Avria

Soaren Alter Ego
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top